1. Curriculum and Teaching
- School-centered curriculums are developed and research and classic reading classes offered and refined based on students’ need.
- Academic lectures are increased with the invitation of master scholars. Through simple symposiums and monographic lectures, we expect to see the light of knowledge and develop students’ leadership.
- Cooperating with course outline, the committee of curriculum development is founded and decides the basic hour for required and optional courses. With the cooperation with counseling courses, it plans to find out the courses which are suitable for the school.
- Math and science gifted classes are being well-managed to develop their teaching characteristics. Through teachers’ instructions, students can fully develop their potentials.
- Reinforcing scattered gifted classes and working out on characteristic curriculums help students learn intensively and extensively, and attract good students in the community.
- Promoting teaching flat-top of every subject helps the information fit into teaching. Through online tests and interaction, learning space is expanded and students are encouraged to learn independently.
- Respecting teaching specialties and practicing teaching of art can reach the goal of balance of the five field of education.
- Cooperating with the law of the examination of high school grading, the school-year credit system is adopted and supplementary teaching and class retaking are offered. The rules for the senior high school first graders in 2006 are different and should be strongly promoted.
- A variety of talent and skill activities are held to encourage students to develop multiple intelligence.
- Students’ individual requirement is emphasized and individual education plan is established and modified the content based on students’ need.
2. Teaching Specialties
- Cooperating with 95 Senior High School Course Outline, further teaching specialties are reinforced. Teachers are encouraged to participate in basic and advanced courses, and share experience with colleagues.
- Establishing teaching flat-top encourages teachers to show their lesson plan, syllabus, class managing concept and handout available in class and for students, which can reach the goal of information exchange and sharing.
- Improving teaching methods and enhancing innovative teaching can increase students’ efficiency of learning.
- Teachers are encouraged to do experiment on teaching and research by means of group work, and learn from each other.
- Research conferences are held regularly to encourage teachers to share their thoughts and resources.
- Keeping promoting the evaluation plan on the development of teaching specialties encourages teachers to advance professionally and increase their teaching abilities, which makes students learn in the most efficient way.
- Scoring and management of graduate registration are improved and the procedure of registration is simplified.
- Exchange students can increase language capacity and develop students’ global perspective.
- Putting experiment safety into practice help teachers reinforce the management of experiment safety.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the contests of scientific experiment in order to enhance students’ interest in learning about natural science.
- The procedure to apply for certificates is simplified and students are allowed to check and register online.
- The hardware and software in specialized subject classroom are expanded to meet the need of teaching.